Sunday, November 16, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking

Change is hard.

Sometimes the change is good and the resulting outcome is even better than the way things were. Other times change seems like the worst possible outcome and you wish things could go back to the way it always had been.

The craft world reeled at the news last week that Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine would be ceasing publication after the February 2015 issue. While I had taken a crafty backseat in submitting the last few months, I like many others had come to find friendships through PCS and was always inspired by blog posts, Go-to-Gals and the monthly magazine and special issues. Now, all of that is going away. My heart aches for the talented editorial team as they search for new jobs and finish out the next couple weeks wrapping up and saying good-bye to the crafting community that lovingly embraced them.

Rather than dwelling on the sadness, I wanted to spend some time remembering the magazine that pushed me to become a better card maker and challenged me to try new and different things with each publication call. I was always impressed with the content of each magazine and felt incredibly fortunate to have my cards grace those glossy pages (and one COVER!), and sit alongside some of the best crafters in the industry.

I hadn’t shared the recent projects and cards I’d had published as I took a blog hiatus during the busy fall months, but thought I’d share those today. Previously shared published cards here.

The Holiday Cards & More, Vol. 9 came out in August (I saw it in Michael’s recently!) and I had 5 projects in this issue.

You can also view my cupcake wrapper on this post at the Paper Crafts Connection Blog.

A Gift for You Pillow Box

I loved this pillow box made with my Silhouette Cameo! Stamp, ink and cardstock from Stampin’ Up!

This goes a little out of order ;) but I had four projects in the October 2014 issue with one of those being featured on the cover!

October_2014_Cover_web

The cute “treats” container is my little project! I used my Cameo for every card in this issue! I LOVE crafting with it and it’s been by far my favorite Christmas present EVER! Thanks mom and dad! ;)

RIP Card

Here’s one other card I had in the issue, a tombstone card! I sponged the cardstock with ink to give it a weathered look. Literally took all of 5 minutes to create with cutting, sponging and adhering together. I love fast and cute cards!

Here’s to PCS! I wish the team the best of luck in their future endeavors and may they find the winds of change to be in their favor.

No comments: