Saturday, November 29, 2014

Celebrate the Season

Brr, it’s cold in here…there must be some Torro’s in the atmosphere!

(Name that movie. I love you forever.)

I am not one made for cold weather. The fact that I’ve lived in Utah, aka the Greatest Snow on Earth, for going on 13 years should be testament enough that I love my family, friends and job because otherwise there’s no way I would live here, ha! We’re retiring to Florida with my family. For reals. I’ve decided. But to be fair, we’ll probably be Boston “snowbirds” so hubby can fulfill his retirement dreams to watch the Red Sox home games during baseball season.  I’m all about compromise. ;)

Since I’m not a cold weather fan, the closest I come is the occasional ski day and making cards with winter elements. I’m a trooper. ;)

Celebrate the Season Snow 

Today’s card was inspired by  the Friday Mashup to create a weather inspired project with the mashup of a metal embellishment and the challenge at Inkspirational to create a Christmas card with the twist or no red of green. I used lots of my favorites on this card!

I started with a Whisper White card base, and then layered on some Pool Party cardstock that had been embossed with the On Point embossing folder. The white rectangle was stamped with the snowflakes and sentiment from the Endless Wishes stamp set in Island Indigo, Pool Party and Smoky Slate. My metal embellishment came in the form of staples securing the glitter strip and Lost Lagoon ribbon, and then topped off with a strip of washi tape. The bottom edge was torn and a few sequins and snowflake were clustered in the corner.

We’ll be celebrating Christmas this year in Florida and while that will be a change (no snow!) I’m SO looking forward to spending time with my family! As much as I don’t like the cooler weather I have to admit I love these frosty colors, and how beautifully the snow blankets everything in pristine white and glitter. Hopefully I captured a little bit of that magic in this card!

fm187inkspirational badge twist

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card, I love your layout!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love your card, Kandi! Your color combo is one of my favorites to use for my winter cards. :) Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Kandi- I love the abstract feel of your card that looks so well planned out! That is the key to its amazing look! Love all the elements you used in such a neat way! TFS with the Friday Mashup this week:)