Monday, July 23, 2012

Parade of Champions – A Scrapbook Layout

Well, I’m finally to the point where I can unpack some of my crafty stuff! Now, that doesn’t mean I’ve done a whole lot of other moving/unpacking related things, but I know where my priorities lie. Are ya with me?! 

I spent Sunday cleaning, unpacking and crafting…and it was perfect.

Since it’s been awhile that I’ve had a chance to put my papers, tape and photos together I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers (#218) as a warm-up.

Parade of Champions

The story: In Brady’s second year of wrestling he was competing for 3rd/4th place at State. Since he was in the medal rounds he was invited to walk in the Parade of Champions. I loved that I was able to get such cute pictures of him! He had a blast and was so excited to walk!

The layout: This layout is based on the sketch below, and is a combination of two different collections (Teresa Collins Sports and Prima Youth). I mixed in some chipboard elements, and alternated the Thickers in the title to pull more of the colors together.

Tip to note: The long panel of Champion/Game was a full 12x12. I cut it in half, overlapped them in the middle and then placed my other papers over it. By doing this I was able to shorten it up without losing the elements on the top and bottom of the paper.

untitled

I was able to create several more layouts that I’ll share this week. I really focused on just “getting them done” so some are a bit more simple than others, but I’m ok with that.

We have a lot going on this week and weekend and hopefully I can get around to unpacking some more….craft or otherwise. ;)

1 comment:

Della said...

Where's the LIKE button?! This is really cute Kandi!