Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer Fun – A Scrapbook Layout

After all of the holiday layouts I’ve been working on it was a nice change of pace to whip out a summery page.

The story: Brady is such a water lovin’ boy! He has always been a fan of the water…bath time, swimming at the pool and even running through the sprinklers. As long as it involves water he’s happy!

The layout: If you’ve been visiting my blog a little you know I am such a fan of sketches as starting points for my layouts! This one was inspired by the Sketch #208 from Creative Scrappers. I used a neutral base and wanted to add some texture so I misted it with a blue spray mist. This also helped to mimic water. A few pops of orange and yellow finished it out with the title topper from Fancy Pants. 

Tip to Note: I wanted to use red on my layout to match Brady’s swim top but loved the look of the yellow, blue and orange paired together. I am a fan of using colors to match my photos, but sometimes it’s ok to just let those “internal rules” you have go out the window. ;)  You might be happily surprised with the results and ready to let other self imposed rules you have on your papercrafting slide every now and then.

Creative_Scrappers_208

1 comment:

Barb Turpin said...

Those colors scream SUMMER! Love the layout and the misting too...